{Days of Your Lives} Life Captured As You Are | Mini Sessions

When I was younger, like MUCH younger (in my teens)...I religiously watched the soap opera Days of Our Lives. My best friend's mom recorded it every day (on VHS...if that doesn't date me a bit). The opening/closing credits were an hourglass while the narrator stated the following lines..."Like sands through an hourglass...so are the days of our lives." I can still hear that voice so vividly in my head...even decades later.

I can't say I'm much of a soap fan anymore (at least daytime), but there are clearly many that still are given these shows last decades. But what I think we can all agree on...is that we are drawn to the stories our lives tell. We obsess over other lives....despite how messy, ugly, and dramatic they may be. TMZ and many other media outlets would be out of a job if we didn't care so much. But we do.

What we don't care for though...is the story our own lives tell. We hide behind pretty pictures that tell otherwise. We doll our kids up, put them in front of a camera, and say 'cheese'...and expect them to listen. Despite the fact they don't listen to us 80% of the time on any other given day. But when we do get that one perfect image, we share, and gloat over the 'likes for days' and 'omg, your kid is beautiful'. Don't get me wrong...I am too guilty...maybe more so.

Let's just get real for a minute. Is your house perfectly decorated? Let alone clean? Are your kids bathed? Let alone wearing matching clothes? Yeah...I didn't think so. Mine isn't either. In fact, I recently got in a fight with my ex that I didn't bathe my child in three days (it wasn't on purpose...life just kinda got in the way). And do NOT, whatever you do, open the toy closet. You just might be buried by the avalanche that ensues. And if you could have only seen the outfit my kid wore to school today...you just might have been embarrassed for me. Just to give you a visual...it included 'HoHoHo' socks (of the Christmas variety), polka dot leggings, a Hawaii tee, and sparkly Hello Kitty shoes. I kinda died a little inside when she chose it...but guess what...she chose it and it is SO her. So I just need to get over myself already.

I've gone through a few crappy years. Ha...who am I kidding? It might even include a decade. I'm just kinda tired of the facade...the putting on a happy face...let's pretend everything is okay phase. I want to capture real life. The mess. The tears. The joys. The victories. The firsts. Because some day there will be the lasts. And when our stories our retold for us...do we want the real or created one told?

So if you're feeling brave and just a lit bit vulnerable and you want your life...your real life...captured. Let's chat. This is not a new concept to the photo world...but one I am so drawn to. I would love to visit your home and capture what your family looks like or does on any given day. Cooking, eating meals, watching movies, playing in the backyard, doing chores or homework, etc. I wanna capture it, in all it's authenticity.

What do the days of your life look like? Let's tell it...the real story.

------





------

Limited Lifestyle sessions available at a promotional rate $250
I'll come and hang out in your home for an hour
I'm pretty sure these will be images to be cherished forever
You keep the digital images
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio