Social Media & Networking
So I was at a Birthday party today and got to talking to a friend of mine, he's actually the cousin-in-law of one of my good friends. But we have spent many celebrations together and have become buddies too. Anyways, we got to talking about iPhones which led to Facebook and him making fun of me and my continuous updates, etc. He said he finally just turned my updates "off" (*sob*sob*). I started feeling a little defensive and the need to explain (I was feeling like a complete nerd behind a computer screen with nothing better to do than narrate my every move. WHICH is complete the opposite. I'm super busy but thanks to devices such as iPhones I can update quickly and easily on the road). This is pretty much what I said (or what I wanted to say)...
First off, all of my family and many of my good friends are out-of-state. They regularly check my blog to see what's up with me, and now especially with baby Brooklyn, via my Twitter updates. And I, in turn, get to see what they're doing (I'm learning things I would never know or hear about since I'm here in SoCal). Not to mention the fact that I'm in contact now with old roommates and friends from WSU and Spain, via Facebook. Second, I'm connected on Facebook and Twitter with hundreds of other photographers that regulary comment on my status and respond to my questions. It's amazing what an awesome community of photographers there is, who are completely willing to share their knowledge and entertain my questions. I'm in contact with a couple that I feel like I know even though we've only communicated via Twitter or Facebook. Second, all of those photographers offer daily tips, discounts, and awesomeness on their updates. Third, my clients get to know ME! I really feel strongly that most people want a photographer they like and are comfortable with....and via my blog, they get to see if I'm a match.
If you're wondering what Twitter is still, check out this cute video of "Twitter in Plain English"....
Labels:
Facebook,
networking,
social media,
twitter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo