Thoughts on Brooklyn

Love her little rolls. Her expressions. Her big wide eyes. Her spirit.
 

I felt compelled to write. To freeze this moment in time. I can't emphasize enough how fast Brooklyn is growing and changing. I know if I don't write about her, I'll be on to the next stage and the memory of this one will quickly fade.

I'm in love with her more each day (if that is possible) and amazed at her new developments. Most recently she is crawling and climbing and standing and trying to walk. She's a little monkey and I'm her jungle gym. I wonder where she is trying to go, but up my body she goes. Even more than that, the thing that stands out the most is her ability to communicate and understand what is being communicated to her. I can't believe it but I'm finding myself say NO to her. She has fallen several times backward on the hardwood floor. It is the worst sound when her little noggin' hits the floor, a moment too long of silence, and then the screaming cry. I'm trying to keep her off of it altogether but that hasn't worked so well. It's turned into a fun little game between her and I. I'll say "NO NO Brooklyn" as she inches off the area rug. She'll stop, sit on her bottom, look at me, start giggling, and then will bolt into a fast crawl attempting to get away from me as fast as she can. If I start chasing after her, she cracks up hysterically. It's so hard to be serious and really teach her about danger. I am so entertained by her and she makes me smile and so very happy. She's starting to act more and more like a little girl and no longer a baby.

One thing that has not changed is the "HOO". She continues to pucker her lips up and make the "HOO" sound like an owl. She has been doing this since at least 4 weeks of age. I know for sure that I have a picture of her doing it at 7 weeks. It is hysterical. Anytime I go out to eat, strangers laugh, and imitate her She is constantly being reinforced and will do it right back. I wonder how long she'll continue being the "HOO" girl?

She is also good at throwing a fit or tantrum when I take something away from her or keep her from doing something. WHAT? Already...at 8 months? She has the most fake and mad cry now that starts as a growl. I can already feal the battle of wills between mother and daughter. My mom is loving every moment of this and is secretly seeking revenge as I explore the realitites of motherhood. I rely on Dan to come home from work and put her to sleep. Which has also become a bit of an episode. Where did my little sleeper girl go? There's just something about her daddy's arms that she'll finally relax and slip into a slumber. Which, by the way, could be anytime between 9pm and 11pm. I'm envious of the parents who say their babies go to bed at 6pm. What? In some ways, I don't mind because Dan gets to have his one-on-one time with her since he does not get off work most nights until 9pm.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments

  1. I love Brooklyn's big eyes...thanks for sharing all her adorable pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her so- yes we do! I love these pics of her- they are my fave!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she may be the most adorable baby girl in the world (well until mine is born- hee, hee). your posts are precious!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio