{Brooklyn} Gingerbread House Making Party

Friday night we joined in on our 2nd Gingerbread House Making party at Cora's home. The first one was when Brookie was only two months old. This last year Luella was only two months old at Christmas time, so we didn't have a party at all. I suggested that we do it again this year and make a tradition out of it. That's why I just love this time of year! I especially want to make it special for Brooklyn.

You can buy pre-made gingerbread houses that are already built and include all the candy & icing to decorate (although you're probably better off buying some more candy to actually cover the house).
The backyard was set up with tables, chairs, and a heat lamp to keep us cozy while we decorated away (how lucky are we that we still get to play outside this time of year?).
We didn't join in on the "making" part the first year so I thought we would try our artistic talents this year. I'm pretty sure I don't have the patience for this type of activity. Brookie & I's house did not get finished. She lost interest after about five minutes and I lost mine after 10. But we still had a blast and loved watching everyone create theirs. 
Luella is still too little to partake, so she just got to be loved on.
Works in progress, but you can see how creative and fun my friends creations were. My friend Corrin accidently took mine home and commented if I wanted my "masterpiece" back. I sense the sarcasm, dear Corrin. Next year I'm doing my research and I'm coming with a design. You just wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio