It's past midnight on the first of August. Which only means one thing to me right now....summer is quickly coming to a close. I'm going to have a silent cry in my office right now and tomorrow I am going to wake up and make sure that I enjoy the day and appreciate the fact that I even have a summer break. Although I had many reasons to become a teacher, the summer vacation is proving to be the biggest perk.
Yesterday I spent the day at the beach capturing my church's annual fun day in the sun & bay baptisms. It was a pretty awesome event to watch and I was grateful to capture it. You can see the photos from that event here (or HERE)...
All day while I was shooting, I was looking around me thinking "this is where I live?!" Long Beach tends to get a bad rap in SoCal, We are sandwiched in between LA & the OC...and definitely have our own vibe and community. This summer marks my 11th year living here and I still love it. How could you not love this...? I've been thinking about starting a photo project of capturing the city (in all it's diversity), so this may be the first post of that series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo