Vaya con Dios, Grandma

Even though you prepare yourself for this day for months or even years, it is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. My Grandmother, Elsie Chase, passed this evening. My mom, sister, brother, aunt & uncle were all with her when she took her last breath. I'm so thankful they were by her side.

You may remember me blogging about her back in December when I was home for Christmas. It was particulary difficult because she didn't remember/recognize me. That was the last time I saw her. However, since then, my mom and sister wanted to give her some good news this past month. They told her I was pregnant. Quickly, in a moment of clarity, she told them "she better be careful, because she already lost one" (I could hear her voice so clear saying those cautionary words while waving her hand towards them). I'm glad she learned of my pregnancy before her passing. I can't remember who said it but someone related the loss of her life with the beginning of our baby. I only wish my child could have known her, like my nieces and nephews. Her fighting spirit and stubbornness lives on in me. I love you Grandma and will miss you dearly.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio