My friend Cora posted on Facebook that Lu'a ("Luella" in Brookie terms) was 10 months old two days ago. Which only means two things to me...1.) Luella, you're growing up too fast! and 2.) Brookie is 10 months + 1 year. Whaaaa'at? Yes, I officially have a toddler with an opinion...the vocabulary to communicate it, and the attitude to express it. I totally get why they say the toddler years are much like the teenage years. Holy cow...am I in for it? In all seriousness, I pretty much love that B can tell me, in complete sentences, that "No, I don't want it" or "I don't want to." No has definitely become her go-to word for everything. It can be annoying at times, but I'm in amazement that this little girl can communicate her needs to me so well. On the rare occasion that she is in agreement with something I offer, she will say "okay". It's just the way that she says it, it kinda melts my heart.
I spent my first weekend of leisure away from her this past weekend. I wanted to relax. And close my eyes and sunbathe like I love to use to do. But I think those days are gone. I could never really relax. I knew that some where she was probably making someone laugh by saying something cute...and I was missing out. Yep, sunbathing isn't really that fun anymore. There is a frame in Brookie's room that says "Sometimes the smallest things can take up the most room in your heart." Quoted beatifully by Winnie the Pooh. So true and she has filled my heart and is teaching me more than I'm probably teaching her.
Brookie loves to play with her daddy. They have so many games created together. I'm not sure who does the creating but it's pretty endearing to see them together. Brookie has been running through Dan's legs forever (since he is 6'4" and she is a half pint), but she is now almost too big to make full clearance. Yikes.
And because the girl loves to "run, run, run" and "ready, set, go"....sometimes she'll fall and get a boo boo. But nothing a little daddy kiss can't fix...
And all little girls must have their own little place to call "home"....
And to wrap up a 22nd month birthday, we gotta have a little bath time. It's so fun how long her hair is getting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo