Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away
Taking all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this
It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink
When it's all said and done
No one remembers how far we have run
The only thing that matters is how we have loved
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this
It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink
Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late
It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink
And count every moment before it slips away
Taking all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this
It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink
When it's all said and done
No one remembers how far we have run
The only thing that matters is how we have loved
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this
It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink
Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late
It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink
I'm pretty sure this song was written for me! "Slow down, slow down, Before today becomes our yesterday". This is something I've struggled with my whole life! I'm always doing too much, super focused on one of many projects that I tend to "try" and juggle all at once. And unfortunately it can be at the cost of my personal relationships. I'm conflicted by managing my time and intense desire to grow my business, get out of debt, own a home one day, and the list goes on. All so that one day we can live in freedom. But what if that day never comes...I will most definitely lose today and many others in the process. I do not have the answers how I may slow down. How I may be more available to those that need me most. But my prayer today is to learn how...






You are so right. I love your thoughts. They are a good reminder. Kids grow up so fast! And when did Brooklyn's hair get so long and so blond?!? Adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Post! I know how you feel. I work on this too, and still time flies.. I make sure to frequently take time out with my daughter, with nothing else going on and take it all in... but also, thank goodness for photography as a way to capture a little spirit!
ReplyDelete- a fellow mom/photographer