{Melly + Chas} Orinda Country Club Wedding | Orinda, CA

The end of the summer could not have ended in a better way...the marraige of two dear friends of my husband and I. These two have been together as long as Dan and I have been. They actually met in the same place we did, Camden Harborview Apartments, over six years ago! We have spent many a day hanging out together poolside, around the fire in our backyard, in the kitchen cooking up meals together, listening to Melly sing, and dancing in our living rooms together.

Melly and I searched for the perfect wedding photographer for her for months (and even though I offered she was adamant that I be a guest and enjoy myself). Well, ultimately, after much discussion...she asked me to capture her day. It was the biggest honor and I'm still reliving every moment in my mind and as I sort through all of their images. Honestly, I don't think people realize how cool it is to be a wedding photographer. You get to be part of the most intimate moments and capture all of the emotions and excitement of the day. We get invited behind closed doors where most wedding guests are not.

I have been looking forward to this day for months (actually years!) and it did not disappoint. There were so many hysterical moments (Father Miles) and emotional ones too. I was nervous that my shooting would be interfered with my tears...because I'm known to be a big cry baby at weddings. I totally held it together until two special moments. The first was when Charlie, Chas' high school son & his best man, gave a speech at the reception. It was incredible, touching, and so heartfelt. I don't even want to write about it because it won't do it justice. The second was when Melly sang at her OWN reception! She sang the same two songs that she sang at our wedding...Love that Music Brings and At Last. Melly's voice has a way of touching your soul. I wasn't prepared to be so emotional at that moment, but it was very difficult for me to continue shooting and hold it all together.

Melly & Chas, the two of your were meant for one another. You guys share a love for life and an appreciation for food, wine, and all of life's little pleasures. You embrace the moments and never forget to include your family and friends in your celebrations. It has been so fun watching your relationship grow. I can't wait to see your family grow! Thank you for inviting me to be such a big part of your day. Your wedding day was absolutely perfect.

All of these images are same day edits from their wedding reception slideshow. I shared all of these images on my Facebook page the day after their wedding, but wanted to share them here too. I'm excited to share more from their day in a future post.

Melly not only did her own hair and make-up on her wedding day, she also did her three bridesmaids hair as well. Crazy girl (albeit talented).
Melly, you are seriously stunning! Can't wait for the pretty babies, Chas!
Melly's grandfather made all the bouquets and centerpieces for her wedding. He joked that he came out of retirement for the occasion. How cool is that! All of the getting ready images of the girls were captured at their home. 
Chas was so incredibly nervous on his wedding day. He stopped for a moment of liquid courage, just moments before seeing Melly for the first time. It was super cute, if you could've seen him. Thanks to my second shooter, Amanda, for capturing this shot. It's classic!

Melly & Chas opted to have a "first look", and I was so happy to capture it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio