Remember my love for the book Where the Wild Things Are? I blogged about it here.
Well, I fell absolutely in love with this image the moment I saw it and was instantly reminded of the naughty little boy Max that was sent to his room without dinner. (Captured by the kid photographer extraordinaire Lyndsey of Jack & Lola Photography.)
It's more than just the similarity of the image. It's the story and how much Brooklyn could be the female version. She is a force to be reckoned with. She can glare you down and yell "No', just as Max did with the wild things "BE STILL". Brookie is continuously bossing us and her dolls around. She puts her baby dolls in time-out, tells them what to do, and raises her voice at them (sometimes it can be a little incriminating, as I wonder who she is mimicking).
And one last thought about my fearless little girl and this image I love. She will be two in two weeks. She is no longer a baby and will soon be out of diapers. I just love the innocence captured here in her birthday suit. I will forever remember her spirit at this time in her life and I'm grateful for having it captured.
Brookie, "we'll eat you up, we love you so".
I have TONS more of incredible images to share in a future post, captured by Lyndsey for Brooklyn's 2nd birthday. You can expect lots of Brookie posts these next weeks in honor of her 2nd birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




So sweet! I love it. What a cutie. Can't believe she is going to be 2!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! That is too cute! The images are so similar! I love it!
ReplyDelete