I've talked about not being a girly girl and how I feel about raising one. I painted B's room blue. Resisted in dressing her in pink or introducing her to dolls for as long as I could. But unfortunately, I am not the only one raising this little girl. Or buying her gifts. Brookie's daddy is guilty for introducing her to the world of princesses (and not to mention both of her grammys). And she LOVES them! So much she was a bit upset when her cousin got a princess cell phone at her 3rd birthday party last weekend (so sad I didn't take any pictures of the fun day :( ). Wouldn't you know her favorites are pink, princesses, and dolls. Go figure.
I have such a difficult time with these movies and the message they convey to young girls. I could go on and on but won't. So you might imagine how much I loved the above image when I stumbled upon this
blog post. It gave me a chuckle. I know I can't protect my little girl from it all but I can sure try. Yes, "parenting is complicated; beautifully, wonderfully, complicated."
Okay, rant over. I'm prepared for the pink, princesses, and dolls that will probably take over my home this weekend at B's birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo