{Anel + Raul} San Juan Capistrano Wedding

I'm always just a bit struck at how my life has played out. There are so many life experiences that have opened one door to the next and a new opportunity has been found. My life has been strangely connected with one event to the other, one person to the next, despite the fact that I have lived on several continents and have had friends across the globe. I always seem to find a common thread and have had a sense of fate in all my relationships. It's a wonderful feeling. But I could tell you some bizarre stories of how I met and know the loves of my life. It is as it was meant to be.

I am a Spanish teacher. I am a photographer. I am a mom. And a wife. And a friend. It's just crazy when all these world can collide in a single experience.  Enter Julie. An amazing photographer looking for a second shooter who speaks Spanish. I was recommended to her by another photographer. And as it turns out, we have a ton in common. But what strikes me most, is that my teaching degree in Spanish is serving me well as a wedding photographer. I would have never dreamt in a million years that I would have a second career. One that would be fulfilling and exciting and just amazing...as photography has been! My journey has been so organic. It has grown from a place that I did know existed. I am in love with LOVE. And so happy that I get to witness it again and again.

This wedding was awesome because I got the opportunity to shoot at the San Juan Basilica. I honestly felt like I was in Spain. The mass was in Spanish but just the grandiose of the cathedral was reminiscent of the many cathedrals I visited in Spain in years past. 


Photographers, take note that there is no flash nor MOVEMENT allowed during the ceremony. Meaning myself and Julie had to stand in one place during the ENTIRE ceremony. If you are getting married there, you must understand the limitations the photographer will have. It was crazy, but I also felt a bit a of relief to just enjoy the moment. Which I rarely get to do. 

Here are just a few of the images I captured as a second shooter for Julie...




























2 comments

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio