{Dana} 40 is Fabulous

To say this past month was busy would be an understatement! September is always busy with me going back to the classroom. But now it's even busier with my photography business and several birthday celebrations. In the past month (in addition to returning to the classroom) I've shot four weddings, one boudoir session, one family session, and three birthday celebrations. Whew, I'm just a bit tired. But, honestly, each one has been so much fun and lots of awesome memories were made. And that's what's important, right? You can be expecting lots of blog posts in the week to come.

Dana celebrated her 40th birthday with much reluctance but couldn't resist having a fabulous time at her party. I know 40 has such a negative stigma to it and I know it wasn't easy for her to face this day. Can you blame a person when black is the color and "over the hill" balloons are the decor? Sheesh! You can read Dana's thoughts on turning 40 HERE. They say 40 is the new 30, and I can totally understand why. My 20s were a time for much heartache and self realizations, my 30s have been about growth, and I know the 40s will have even more blessings to bring. I think age is something we should embrace. Because every year I feel more love and more loved!


Dana and my friends have a bit of a love affair with karaoke. I don't really get it. But I'm happy they love to do it because I get the best ab workout ever watching and laughing at them (err...I mean with them).


I love this picture of us all but kinda had a good laugh at the two shorties on the left end. Geez! They are all seriously a head taller than Maria & I. Everybody always asks where I got all my tall blonde friends. I'm definitely the odd one of the bunch.


We joked that Cora looked like "Where's Waldo?" The inner model in her coming out, can you tell?


I'm glad that 40 doesn't mean we have to stop being silly.



I love these last shots of Dana with her hubby, Al. Happy 40th Birthday, Dana! Your party was a blast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio