{Luella + Brooklyn} The Making of a Holiday Portrait

 A couple of weeks ago, Cora & Lu visited the studio to capture Lu for their holiday card. Cora had the cute idea of bringing a ton of candy canes for Lu to play with and eat. In addition, she brought a mini Christmas tree, lights, and red beads. Envision just a chaos of Christmas stuff with a baby girl sitting amidst the mess. The idea was cute but Lu had other ideas of what would be fun. Like not look at the camera (poor baby looks like she is traumatized)...


While I was out shopping, I saw the cutest candy cane pj's with monkeys and a super cute candy cane headband I had to get for the shoot too (all from Old Navy). And of course, had to buy a matching pair of pj's for Brookie too. After all, it's impossible to keep B away from Lu during a photo shoot, so I knew at some point there would definitely be pictures of the two of them (you can see other shoots of the two of them here and here). So these are a few of the outtakes. These two just make me laugh and love them so much! I love their little friendship and the way their eyes light up when they see one another.

 I love these two shots! Lu reminds me so much of Brookie when she use to "whoo" too.
 We got a giggle from Lu for mommy...

 This was their first introduction to candy canes. And boy did they love them! I made sure that they all got thrown away after the shoot (I learned my lesson with candy corn at Halloween). Brooklyn has perfected the "cheese" face.

 Hugs! And kisses! These two do it often but sometimes the other isn't so much of a willing participant, so they just knock each other over. We have two very strong little girls on our hands. 
 Candy cane remnants on those lips!
 And one more super cute shot of Lu in her cozy winter jacket that she'll never wear because we live in SoCal! Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio