{Sunday Blues} Something Blue for Brookie

Ever since I joined the grown-up world of working and careers, I have dreaded Sundays. I always get a case of the Sunday blues in anticipation of going back to work on Monday. I'm not sure why because I've always loved my job/s (well, most of the time) but the blues never cease to pass me by come Sunday night.

So I thought it would be fun to do something new on my blog on Sundays. I'll be featuring cute blue stuff I like or *love* on Sundays. Because you all know how I love the color BLUE! It might be something I've bought, or would like to buy, or maybe just a collection of blue in images I've captured. I was inspired by a blog long ago and have always wanted to feature something blue here ever since. Plus I've always personally loved blog posts that feature cool finds. Hopefully you'll find something worthy here too. So let the blue blogs begin! This first edition is dedicated to Brooklyn.

I, for once, started my Christmas shopping in November. I notoriously wait until the last minute to go shopping but then I can never find what I really want, so I settle for something less than perfect. And that ultimately takes away from the value of gift giving. I really want to give gifts that are relevant and valuable to each individual. And when I say valuable, I mean something they will cherish for years to come.

The other problem I'm having to overcome is waiting. I hate to wait. I don't like surprises because the anticipation kills me. When I buy a gift, I want to give it to them right away. In fact, Brookie got a few of her birthday presents this last year the day I bought them. Because I was too excited too wait. How silly is that? I was the kid that liked to snoop under my parents bed for Christmas gifts and would even go as far as unwrapping them to sneak a peek (I became quite the gift wrapper to hide that trick). My mom ultimately stopped putting tags on gifts and would either color coordinate bows or wrapping paper to go with each of us five kids. Smart tactic on her part!

Be sure to click on each title for a link to where you can purchase each item.

Zoo Pack Owl
I've been looking for a toddler backpack for some time now for Brookie but have only come across princess or Dora (and you know how much I'm a fan of characters :(). I got the matching back pack and lunch bag for her for Christmas. It's stowed away in a closet for now and I'm trying really hard to hold out til Christmas. How cute are these? They have all sorts of other animals too...monkey, penguin, mouse, zebra, or frog.


And just in case you don't already know, owls began as a signature symbol for Brookie because as a baby she constantly puckered her lips and "whoo'ed". It was super adorable and even now when she sees an owl will say "whoo, whoo". 

Brookie has actually already outgrown the following products, but I wish I would have know about them when she was still little. Too super cute.



Owl Softie
Brookie already has quite a collection of owl things, but I can't stop falling in love with pretty much everything that is an owl. They are so flippin' cute! This may be her next owl...


Felt Clips
I kinda love everything felt right now. I'm always looking for cute clips that will actually stay in B's hair. How adorable are these? Yes, more owls! Birdies are my second fave to owls and were the original decoration in her nursery before she was born.


My sincere apologies for overusing the words CUTE and ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio