{Brooklyn} The curse of a photographer

As you might imagine, the curse of a photographer is spending all your time taking pictures of others that you never take any for yourself. I will say that I have been pretty good about taking pictures of Brooklyn over the past (almost) two years. The curse is that they live in cyber space and not on the walls of my home or in books on our coffee table (if we had one). I have thousands of images that are just floating in cyber space! When I first discovered photography in 2007, I became adament about securing my photos (after losing many in a computer crash) both online and on external harddrives. It's crazy but I have backed up 60,979 photos in 567 albums since 2007 on my Picasa account (many of which are private).

I have only made one Brooklyn book and that is when she was only six weeks old. This is the ONE and only book that I have made for her (BTW, I adore these images)...

I kinda love these shots of Brookie playing with her one and only baby book...
 

So today I took a day off and made Brooklyn's 2nd book from her adventures this summer. It was fun and I'm super excited to receive the finished product. Photos are nice to look at on the computer but they are priceless printed.

The second curse is not having any images of me with my little girl, since I am the one always taking the photos. Thank goodness for Photo Booth on the Mac, I have captured me and my little one on my lap over the years. The quality sucks but I don't care. These images are priceless to me, because they are the only ones I have. Isn't it amazing the value we place in photos. They really are such an important part of our lives and legacy.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio