{Photography} Finding Inspiration to Create

Every once in a while I come across a gem of a movie, book, or even music...something that just stirs my soul. Something that inspires me to create, capture, or even dream. I use to spend a lot of time perusing other wedding photographer blogs for inspiration for photography, but these days I'm moved by the big screen and music. And the combination of the two is so powerful. Regardless if I'm watching a movie, reading a book, listening to music, or looking at photography...I want to feel emotion, be challenged to think, and I want to catch my breath, after it's taken away. What if I entered every photo shoot with that same goal? It's so easy to go into auto pilot when shooting, but lately I'm feeling inspired to do and be more.

This video is a promotional video for a photographer couple from Canada.
I just love everything about this...


Another recent source of inspiration is the movie Midnight in Paris. Some of my most favorite travel images I've captured have been from Paris (although I do have a bit of a love/hate relationship with that city). Seeing the city in film is always just a bit magical. And then add Spanish artists and writers into the mix...and all of my worlds have collided into a bit of visual and intellectual stimulation. I loved this movie and think I need to go see it on the big screen again since it's being re-released. (Note: I'm not much of a Woody Allen fan...but this movie was wonderful. And just so happens to be his top grossing movie ever).


Take this next video, for example, I have watched it so many times in the last couple of weeks.
It's just beautiful, totally inspires me to do more with my photography...


What inspires you? Where do you find creative inspiration?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me some love and let me know you were here. Comments make me happy, really! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Charla Blue Photography | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio